Why dogs are different than other animals ....

Once in a while, someone engaged in a discussion on the ethics of eating animals will ask, "why not dogs? What's the difference between a dog and a cow?"

Here is my answer to why dogs are special among animals. It's why I think Michael Vick should never have been allowed to play in the NFL again, for example. It's why I have no sympathy for whatever cultural preferences exist that allow people in some cultures to kill dogs for meat.

Missing 3 year old girl found in missouri cornfield with dog by her side

When I start seeing stories like this about cows or salmon then I will reconsider dogs' special status as partners of humans. In the meantime, dogs do and should enjoy a special, elevated place in our homes and hearts.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7+ Taskbar Tweaker and Microsoft's inexplicable intractability

Windows 10 Explorer APP